Mid-Atlantic Builders succeeds because we hire the industry’s most experienced and accomplished building professionals. Each of our employees has a diverse range of responsibilities and is encouraged to utilize innovation and teamwork to do the best job possible. Interested in joining our team?
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Please visit us on your desktop computer to fill out the application form or tap the button below to email your application.
PLEASE INCLUDE: Your cover letter, resume and desired position in order to be considered. No calls or recruiters, thank you.
Mid-Atlantic Builders is a privately held company dedicated to designing, marketing and building luxury homes in the metropolitan Washington, DC area. We’ve been in business for more than 35 years, and have over 1,500 satisfied homeowners.
We encourage team members to think and work as entrepreneurs within an organized business structure. If you want to be on a winning team, you will appreciate our unparalleled industry recognition. We have won dozens of major awards, including “America’s Best Builder’ and a confidence-inspiring roster of regional and local builder and community awards.
- Obtain and follow up on sales leads
- Perform in-depth needs analysis and model home demonstrations
- Convey brand value and advantages to prospects
- Guide and counsel buyers through the new home sales process
- Negotiate and procure sales
- Complete accurate and timely paperwork
- Gather and analyze data to ensure that our communities remain competitive
- College degree preferred
- Strong customer service, communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of real estate, new construction and/or high-end retail sales is a plus
- Teaching background is a plus
- Weekend availability required
- Salary + commission (personal income potential is six figures plus!)
- Competitive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Vision and 401(k)
Prince George's County, Maryland
- Responsible for assisting the New Home Sales Consultant with the administrative and sales responsibilities involved in developing prospects and converting them to customers.
- Greet Customers
- Qualify Customers (Need and Financial Qualifications)
- Presentation of Company, Location, Community and Homes
- Model and Inventory Home Demonstration
- Homesite Demonstration
- Financing Presentation
- Follow-Up and Prospecting
- Competition Tracking and Competitive Analysis
- Administration and Maintenance of Point of Sale Material
- Office Administration
- Purchase Agreement Administration
- Customer Loan Tracking
- Model Maintenance
- Administration of "The Mid-Atlantic Path to Home Ownership"
- College degree preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and strong work ethic
- Enjoys working with people
- High energy level and positive attitude
- Salary compensation structure
- Commensurate with experience
- Metropolitan Washington, DC Area
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support for the Executive Vice President, acts as the Settlement Coordinator and supervises for the Contract Administrator.
II. Reports to: Executive Vice President
III. Qualifications: 5 Years of Experience
IV. Administrative Responsibilities:
A. Correspondence and Files
1. Maintain all business correspondence and files for executive vice president
2. Monitor weekly schedule for executive vice president
3. Update executive vice president with the weekly minutes from sales & production
4. Assist executive vice president in the completion of various business, civic, and political projects as needed
5. Direct and delegate the set-up of new community files (computer directories and paper files) with other office staff
B. Corporate Duties
1. Assist executive vice president with the preparation and maintenance of corporate summary financial proforma reports
2. Assist with company annual action plan
3. Prepare and distribute Monthly Team Bonus worksheet and various monthly and quarterly reports.
V. Supervision for the Contract Administrator:
A. Provides training and supervision for the Contract Administrator
B. Reviews sales paperwork prior to Executive Vice President’s ratification
C. Monitors sales paperwork weekly work-flow for priorities
D. Assist with clerical support for home building staff (Estimating & Production)
E. Compose, type or supervises typing of letters
VI. BMS Database Administrator:
A. Coordinates with software engineer to create new functions, reports and make corrections in the Business Management System.
B. Creates and updates new Community, House and General Options.
C. Calculates retail pricing (Excel spreadsheets) for “Bundles” and creates the Bundle options with retail pricing.
D. Maintains customer data conversions to Settled and Kickout categories.
E. Completes various Administrative-only functions, as needed.
VII. Settlement Coordinator:
A. Coordinates with Personal Builders, Title Companies and Lenders to schedule management walks, homeowners walkthrough and settlement appointments.
B. Sends out settlement letters to the homeowners and schedules settlements for internal use via Outlook Calendar.
C. Processes all lender requests for builder-related documents required to process loans.
D. Prepares management walkthrough packages; schedules management walkthroughs via Outlook Calendar.
E. Monitors emails for Management with all of the Lenders for any homeowner loan issues that affect settlement.
F. Prepares settlement instructions for the Title Companies
G. Prepares settlement packages for each homeowner’s settlement
H. Maintains monthly projected settlement worksheet for distribution to Accounting, Executive Vice President and Vice President Sales/Marketing.
I. Reviews all settlement paperwork (Alta, CD, Deed, etc.), obtains management’s signatures, notarizes documents, scan/emails copies to the Title Companies, mails originals as needed to the Title Companies.
J. Notifies all staff (and developer’s as required) of completed settlements.
K. Processes all post-settlement paperwork and reports, scans copies for the computer files, files in-office Lot File in the settlement drawer.
VIII. Job Cost Reconciliation and Financial Reports:
A. Review job cost for each settled home and provides variance explanations as needed
B. Review with Executive Vice President, Director of Purchasing and Field Production Manager
C. Update house ledger with job cost and closing information
E. Record job cost and house ledger information on proforma and builder summary reports
1. Days under construction
2. Job cost variances
3. Reconciliation report/graph
4. Misc. reports