Mid-Atlantic Builders succeeds because we hire the industry’s most experienced and accomplished building professionals. Each of our employees has a diverse range of responsibilities and is encouraged to utilize innovation and teamwork to do the best job possible. Interested in joining our team?
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Please visit us on your desktop computer to fill out the application form or tap the button below to email your application.
PLEASE INCLUDE: Your cover letter, resume and desired position in order to be considered. No calls or recruiters, thank you.
Mid-Atlantic Builders is a privately held company dedicated to designing, marketing and building luxury homes in the metropolitan Washington, DC area. We’ve been in business for more than 35 years, and have over 1,500 satisfied homeowners.
We encourage team members to think and work as entrepreneurs within an organized business structure. If you want to be on a winning team, you will appreciate our unparalleled industry recognition. We have won dozens of major awards, including “America’s Best Builder’ and a confidence-inspiring roster of regional and local builder and community awards.
- Obtain and follow up on sales leads
- Perform in-depth needs analysis and model home demonstrations
- Convey brand value and advantages to prospects
- Guide and counsel buyers through the new home sales process
- Negotiate and procure sales
- Complete accurate and timely paperwork
- Gather and analyze data to ensure that our communities remain competitive
- College degree preferred
- Strong customer service, communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of real estate, new construction and/or high-end retail sales is a plus
- Teaching background is a plus
- Weekend availability required
- Salary + commission (personal income potential is six figures plus!)
- Competitive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Vision and 401(k)
Prince George's County, Maryland
- Responsible for assisting the New Home Sales Consultant with the administrative and sales responsibilities involved in developing prospects and converting them to customers.
- Greet Customers
- Qualify Customers (Need and Financial Qualifications)
- Presentation of Company, Location, Community and Homes
- Model and Inventory Home Demonstration
- Homesite Demonstration
- Financing Presentation
- Follow-Up and Prospecting
- Competition Tracking and Competitive Analysis
- Administration and Maintenance of Point of Sale Material
- Office Administration
- Purchase Agreement Administration
- Customer Loan Tracking
- Model Maintenance
- Administration of "The Mid-Atlantic Path to Home Ownership"
- College degree preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and strong work ethic
- Enjoys working with people
- High energy level and positive attitude
- Salary compensation structure
- Commensurate with experience
- Metropolitan Washington, DC Area
The Architecture and Product Development Manager is responsible for assisting the Director of Estimating and Purchasing and Executive Vice President with the design and review of new product, options, and details; the creation and maintenance of the Mid-Atlantic Builders complete architectural portfolio, the Production Reference Guide; and the house specific CAD drawings created at the house start. This position works in concert with the purchasing, estimating, and production staff in the execution of its job responsibilities.
- Reports to: Director of Estimating and Purchasing in collaboration with Executive Vice President for design and product development projects.
- Manage and supervise Mid-Atlantic Builders architectural plan portfolio to be as accurate and complete as possible.
- Work with Personal Builders in the field to work out plan errors, missing plan details and specifications
- Coordinate with outside architects and structural engineers to ensure quality built plans and specification details to allow Personal Builders to build a quality home.
- Meet with architects and structural engineer on the coordination of new plans and plan options.
- Supervise Product Development Activities.
- Assist the purchasing section with Non-Standard (Custom) option requests by providing detailed drawings, as required.
- Produce tracking documents and procedures for internal work flow and communication in and between departments.
- Assign tasks with product development staff as required and ensure thorough, timely and accurate completion of each task.
- Monitor the efficiency of the product design process to include time lags between initial design meeting, permits sets, bid sets, and final product.
- Facilitate new product design by:
- Attending conceptual and design meetings with Executive Vice President.
- Offering product design enhancements and new product improvement ideas.
- Reviewing permit sets for accuracy to original design notes.
- Reviewing permit sets for thoroughness, structural feasibility, and necessary details.
- Providing feedback with value engineering of the plan designs
- Coordinate with Mid-Atlantic trade partners involved in the design process
- Floor Joists
- Wall Panels
- Roof Trusses
- Electrical Layout
- Supervise House Start Packages for Distribution to the Personal Builders
- Ensure that specific house start CAD blueprints are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Produce detailed drawings and specifications to plans by:
- Proactively adding them to the plans
- Adding them as required/requested by the Production Department
- Adding them as required/requested by the Sales Department/NSO requests.
- Adding them as required/requested by the Purchasing Department
- Manage and train product development staff
- Conduct weekly progress meetings with Director of Estimating & Purchasing and Exec V. P. to ensure execution of work flow.
- Review portfolio renderings for accuracy after the initial design by the Executive Vice President and the marketing vendor, but before the rendering is uploaded for use on the website and/or BMS.
- Review website and/or BMS for community specific accuracy.
- Maintain CAD database, ensuring access by employees and trade partners for the execution of their tasks.
- Update and disseminate CAD Change Tracking sheets
- Create and maintain the Production Reference Guide
- Add new product specifications as changes are made to existing product
- Update plans and details as changes occur.
- Encourage use of the guide by the production staff by:
- Conducting training sessions at the production meeting
- Providing access to the end user in the most efficient manner, whether it be available on the server, on-line, CD, book, or any combination of these.
- Disseminate changes to the guide in a clear and consistent format.
- Assist the estimating section with take-offs, as required.
- Oversee design and execution of wall panel, roof truss and floor joist layouts
- Maintain proficiency in building codes, architectural design, and CAD software by attending training seminars, classes, MNCBIA programs.
- Assist in any community specific Architectural Review committee requirements or County requirements by attending meetings with committees, developers, or county officials to facilitate smooth execution.
- Train and coach product development staff during their daily work schedules by spot checking and reviewing actions with them on a one on one basis. Cross-train department personnel to create stronger working relationships among department staff and to bridge the gap during employee absences.
- Participate in any Purchasing and Product Development team meetings:
- Discussing issues or topics for the betterment of the department.
- Making field visits to inspect homes under construction to ensure consistency and conformance with the plans and specifications.
- Train sales and production as necessary and seek feedback for product design improvements
- Manage and supervise Mid-Atlantic Builders architectural plan portfolio to be as accurate and complete as possible.
- Writes and updates work procedures and policies for the company’s operation manual.
- Manage electronic CAD files and design details and specifications
The Senior Estimator/Purchasing Agent is responsible for the preparation and issuance of all house construction start packages, which include accurate job cost budgets for each home scheduled for construction. Assists the Vice President of Purchasing with the pricing for custom option requests made by the sales staff and assists the production staff with purchasing and procurement of subcontractor labor and material.
Vice President of Purchasing
A. Perform material quanity take-offs.
- Framing lumber by load drop
- Exterior trim for each elevation type of each model type
- Interior trim
- Windows and doors
- Site Adjustment Budgets (yard stabilization, water & sewer connections, driveways, leadwalks, & sidewalks)
B. Prepar and maintain base house job cost budgets for each product series.
- Manor Series
- Executive Series
- Signature Series
- Town Series
- Bethesda Series
- Furture Series as necessary
- Index new vendor price parts.
- Update existing vendor prices.
- Update lumber, exterior trim & interior trim budgets monthly. (Base house budgets quarterly, Option budgets annually)
E. Prepare site adjustment budgets for each new Mid-Atlantic community.
F. Supervise the preparation and issuance of house construction start packages to the production staff in accordance with monthly production start schedule.
- Prepar detailed budgets customized for each house to be constructed.
- Prepare Purchase Orders from computer job cost system to be issued to subcontractors and suppliers.
- Prepare marked up blueprints with special instructions for Personal Builder.
- Include site plan and Purchaser's signed off elevation and floor plans.
- Include consolidated production selection sheet.
- Approve and distribute Purchase Orders for approved field change orders.
- Interface with accounting and production staff regarding job cost history and investigate cost variances as necessary.
- Review monthly job cost variance reports
- Make field visits to inspect quantity takeoffs with construction practices.
- Make changes to house and option budgets, as necessary, from job cost reconciliation history.
- Collect data from customer service, Field Production Managers, Personal Builders, and Sales staff to recommend changes to product specifications and quality standards.
I. Assist Director of Estimating and Purchasing with:
- Subcontractor negotiation and administration. (check subcontractor references & work performance with other builders)
- Cost control with competitive bids.
- Participate in design and correction of design problems to keep costs in line with budgets and avoid repetitive mistakes.
- Value engineering suggestions and analysis for new house designs.
- Prepare contract documents for new subcontractors, suppliers and for new corporate identities.
- Writing of bid instructions and specifications book for standards.
- Assist as necessary with applying and obtaining building permits.
- Assist with obtaining supplier rebates for models and comapny volume.
A. Recruits and assists with the hiring of new or additional staff as needed.
B. Writes and updates work procedures and policies for the company's operation manual.
C. Writes, maintains, and administers Mid-Atlantic construction specification guidebook.
The New Home Closing Coordinator acts as the Settlement Coordinator and supervises the Contract Administrator. They are responsible for providing administrative support to the Executive Vice President.
II. Reports to: Executive Vice President
III. Qualifications: 5 Years of Experience
IV. Administrative Responsibilities:
A. Correspondence and Files
1. Maintain all business correspondence and files for executive vice president
2. Monitor weekly schedule for executive vice president
3. Update executive vice president with the weekly minutes from sales & production
4. Assist executive vice president in the completion of various business, civic, and political projects as needed
5. Direct and delegate the set-up of new community files (computer directories and paper files) with other office staff
B. Corporate Duties
1. Assist executive vice president with the preparation and maintenance of corporate summary financial proforma reports
2. Assist with company annual action plan
3. Prepare and distribute Monthly Team Bonus worksheet and various monthly and quarterly reports.
V. Supervision for the Contract Administrator:
A. Provides training and supervision for the Contract Administrator
B. Reviews sales paperwork prior to Executive Vice President’s ratification
C. Monitors sales paperwork weekly work-flow for priorities
D. Assist with clerical support for home building staff (Estimating & Production)
E. Compose, type or supervises typing of letters
VI. BMS Database Administrator:
A. Coordinates with software engineer to create new functions, reports and make corrections in the Business Management System.
B. Creates and updates new Community, House and General Options.
C. Calculates retail pricing (Excel spreadsheets) for “Bundles” and creates the Bundle options with retail pricing.
D. Maintains customer data conversions to Settled and Kickout categories.
E. Completes various Administrative-only functions, as needed.
VII. Settlement Coordinator:
A. Coordinates with Personal Builders, Title Companies and Lenders to schedule management walks, homeowners walkthrough and settlement appointments.
B. Sends out settlement letters to the homeowners and schedules settlements for internal use via Outlook Calendar.
C. Processes all lender requests for builder-related documents required to process loans.
D. Prepares management walkthrough packages; schedules management walkthroughs via Outlook Calendar.
E. Monitors emails for Management with all of the Lenders for any homeowner loan issues that affect settlement.
F. Prepares settlement instructions for the Title Companies
G. Prepares settlement packages for each homeowner’s settlement
H. Maintains monthly projected settlement worksheet for distribution to Accounting, Executive Vice President and Vice President Sales/Marketing.
I. Reviews all settlement paperwork (Alta, CD, Deed, etc.), obtains management’s signatures, notarizes documents, scan/emails copies to the Title Companies, mails originals as needed to the Title Companies.
J. Notifies all staff (and developer’s as required) of completed settlements.
K. Processes all post-settlement paperwork and reports, scans copies for the computer files, files in-office Lot File in the settlement drawer.
VIII. Job Cost Reconciliation and Financial Reports:
A. Review job cost for each settled home and provides variance explanations as needed
B. Review with Executive Vice President, Director of Purchasing and Field Production Manager
C. Update house ledger with job cost and closing information
E. Record job cost and house ledger information on proforma and builder summary reports
1. Days under construction
2. Job cost variances
3. Reconciliation report/graph
4. Misc. reports