Mid-Atlantic Builders succeeds because we hire the industry’s most experienced and accomplished building professionals. Each of our employees has a diverse range of responsibilities and is encouraged to utilize innovation and teamwork to do the best job possible. Interested in joining our team?
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Please visit us on your desktop computer to fill out the application form or tap the button below to email your application.
PLEASE INCLUDE: Your cover letter, resume and desired position in order to be considered. No calls or recruiters, thank you.
- Responsible for assisting the New Home Sales Consultant with the administrative and sales responsibilities involved in developing prospects and converting them to customers.
- Greet Customers
- Qualify Customers (Need and Financial Qualifications)
- Presentation of Company, Location, Community and Homes
- Model and Inventory Home Demonstration
- Homesite Demonstration
- Financing Presentation
- Follow-Up and Prospecting
- Competition Tracking and Competitive Analysis
- Administration and Maintenance of Point of Sale Material
- Office Administration
- Purchase Agreement Administration
- Customer Loan Tracking
- Model Maintenance
- Administration of "The Mid-Atlantic Path to Home Ownership"
- College degree preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and strong work ethic
- Enjoys working with people
- High energy level and positive attitude
- Salary compensation structure
- Commensurate with experience
- Metropolitan Washington, DC Area
The Mid-Atlantic Builders' Customer Care - Quality Control Supervisor has the role of providing quality customer response and care for its homebuilding operations. This position is directly responsible for managing the warranty department and is the customer service ambassador to Mid-Atlantic customers from settlement through the conclusion of their warranty period. Additionally, this position has the responsibility to observe and inspect construction defects and provide a direct feedback loop to corporate management to eliminate defects and help Mid-Atlantic Builders build a top quality home.
II. Reports To:
Fellow Customer Care/Quality Control Supervisor & Field Production Manager with an advisory role to Vice President of Purchasing & Product Development and Executive Vice President
III. Warranty Management Responsibility:
A. Manage, review and monitor overall warranty work schedule and expense budgets.
- Review pending daily warranty work schedule
- Follow-up with service personnel to confirm warranty action and completion. Work on continuous improvement in response times and complete work in accordance with company standards
- Monitor detailed telephone log of all warranty calls with a daily summary file by date for each community
- Monitor the schedule for follow-up appointments with trade partners
- Monitor and review service appointments to proactively review their service needs prior to the expiration of the warranty period
- Review and monitor days to complete warranty work to ensure that they are within company standards of performance
- Analyze trade partner performances and work with the production and estimating staff to improve performance. Also make the recommendations to replace poorly performing trade partners and/or suppliers
- Monitor warranty expense budgets to ensure that they meet or exceed company expectations. Report to the management team with explanations for variances and make recommendations for improvements. Reconcile all costs and try to keep expenses below annual budget targets
C. Monitor customer satisfaction.
- Assist with the distribution and retrieval of questionnaires after six-month inspection.
- Through conversations with homeowners, monitor the mood of the community and report all trends to the management team.
E. Continue to write new and imporve existing procedures for Corporate Operations Manual.
F. Follow Mid-Atlantic Builders documentation procedures for defects and warranty issues.
IV. Management Inspections and Homeowners Warranty Appointments:
A. Conduct all management inspections five (5) days prior to homeowner orientation with Personal Builder.
- Create a punch list for any outstanding issues to be corrected prior to settlement.
- Work with Personal Builders and Producton Manager on areas of improvement for uncompleted items or poor workmanship.
- Manage subcontractor service work performance to ensure quality craftsmanship, promptness and customer satisfaction.
C. Manage the issuance of warranty work orders after each homeowner walk-through appointment to the appropriate subcontractor(s) as needed.
D. Conduct all homeowner anniversary inspection appointments and cosnolidate customer-documented issues into a new list of official items covered under their warranty.
E. Approve and certify all signed-off homeowner lists for the team bonus program.
F. Monitor One Year Drywall appointments for subcontractor responsiveness and completeness.
G. Manage the Management Inspection Program by setting appointments, providing inspection packets and ensuring that all noted items are completed.
IV. Risk Management and Quality Control Responsibilities:
A. Develops and implements the organization’s risk management program in a manner that fulfills the mission and strategic goals of the organization while complying with state and federal laws and accreditation standards related to safety and risk management.
B. Develops and implements systems, policies and procedures for the identification, collection and analysis of risk related information.
C. Educates and trains the leadership, staff and business associates as to the risk management program, and their respective responsibilities in carrying out the risk management program.
D. Leads, facilitates, and advises the production team in designing risk management programs and with suggestions on improving product quality and conforming to OSHA rules and regulations.
E. Collects, evaluates, and maintains data concerning injuries, claims, worker’s compensation, and other risk-related data. Documents findings in format established by the Vice President of Estimating and Product Development.
F. Investigates and analyzes root causes, patterns, or trends that could result in compensatory or sentinel events. Helps to identify and implement corrective action where appropriate.
H. Serves as the organization’s liaison to the organization’s insurance carrier.
I. Assists in processing summonses and claims against the facility by working with legal counsel to coordinate the investigation, processing, and defense of claims against the organization.
J. Actively participates in or facilitates training related to risk management, safety, and quality improvement.
K. Conduct random inspections of homes under construction to ensure that they are built in conformance to Mid-Atlantic plans and specifications. Educate production staff with phase specifications.
A. Manage and monitor the extended warranty registration and application process for each homeowner.
B. Be the primary point of contact for customer issues and complaint resolution.
C. Provide to Field Production Manager with weekly, monthly and quarterly reports regarding response times, number of outstanding issues, time to complete work, and warranty expenses.
D. Process correspondence for homeowner warranty issues in a timely manner.
E. Monitor timely passing of information between corporate offiice, field staff and trade partners.
F. Review and manage warranty-tracking files for each community. Monitor the filing system for all customer lists, warranty calls and correspondence by community.
G. Monitor labor for service punchout as necessary.
- Ensure and schedule all necessary subcontractors at times convenient to homeowners.
- Explain to homeowners all possible circumstances involving their service work.
- Follow-up telephone calls with customers on their completed liists.
- Follow-up with field service coordinator and subcontractors to confirm warranty action.
- Monitor customer satisfaction.
- Work with management group to find ways to improve our quality of construction.
- Monitor trade partner performance and/or product performance issues that give repeated warranty problems and impact customer satisfaction.
H. Attend Production Meeting to review warranty and quality control issues.
I. Provide feedback to Production Team regarding product performance and results at weekly managers meeting.
J. Maintain a checklist to manage winter items, special backorders, etc.; monitor and review.
K. Work with marketing manager to develop referral programs: forms, letters, giveaways, or other devices to solicit referrals, plus gifts or other incentives to thank customers for providing them.
VII. Manage Mid-Atlantic's Emergency and Warranty Policies and Procedures:
A. Be familiar with emergency service procedures.
B. Notify field coordinator of any emergency service requests.
C. Be familiar with the Mid-Atlantic Builders Homeowner's Journal and Mid-Atlantic's service response procedures. Adjust and edit as needed.
D. Be familiar with the 10-year extended warranty plan (Residential Warranty Corporation (RWC)) and refer homeowners to RWC and manufacturer warranties as necessary.
Corporate Office in Rockville, MD.
Minimum 5 years of Construction Supervision experience
Looking for an experienced bookkeeper to assist in managing day-to-day accounting and finance needs. This position will work directly with the CFO / VP of Finance and require a high level of confidentiality. Responsibilities will include supporting the company’s accounting staff as well as its investors’ investment and personal accounts. Candidates should have experience with a variety of bookkeeping skills, ranging from data entry, to job cost/budget reconciliation and general ledger statements. Previous experience working directly with corporate investors is preferred but not required.
- Maintain and monitor investment and personal accounts on behalf of business owners.
- Work with 3rd party management company to develop and maintain financial information for income producing entities.
- Reconcile monthly budget variances and job costs for business operations and overhead companies.
- Maintain records, transactions and distributions for entities in the startup or feasibility stages.
- Medical insurance
- 401K + company matching
- Health Savings Account
- Vacation and sick leave
- Competitive compensation
- 5-8 years professional bookkeeping experience
- Excellent computer, multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Capability to keep strict confidentiality
Mid-Atlantic Builders is a privately held company dedicated to building luxury homes in the metropolitan Washington, D.C. area. It has won dozens of major awards, including “America’s Best Builder” and a confidence-inspiring roster of regional builder and community awards. Mid-Atlantic Builders strives to build one-of-a-kind homes that improve it’s customers’ lives.