Mid-Atlantic Builders succeeds because we hire the industry’s most experienced and accomplished building professionals. Each of our employees has a diverse range of responsibilities and is encouraged to utilize innovation and teamwork to do the best job possible. Interested in joining our team?
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Please visit us on your desktop computer to fill out the application form or tap the button below to email your application.
PLEASE INCLUDE: Your cover letter, resume and desired position in order to be considered. No calls or recruiters, thank you.
Mid-Atlantic Builders is a privately held company dedicated to designing, marketing and building luxury homes in the metropolitan Washington, DC area. We’ve been in business for more than 35 years, and have over 1,500 satisfied homeowners.
We encourage team members to think and work as entrepreneurs within an organized business structure. If you want to be on a winning team, you will appreciate our unparalleled industry recognition. We have won dozens of major awards, including “America’s Best Builder’ and a confidence-inspiring roster of regional and local builder and community awards.
- Obtain and follow up on sales leads
- Perform in-depth needs analysis and model home demonstrations
- Convey brand value and advantages to prospects
- Guide and counsel buyers through the new home sales process
- Negotiate and procure sales
- Complete accurate and timely paperwork
- Gather and analyze data to ensure that our communities remain competitive
- College degree preferred
- Strong customer service, communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of real estate, new construction and/or high-end retail sales is a plus
- Teaching background is a plus
- Weekend availability required
- Salary + commission (personal income potential is six figures plus!)
- Competitive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Vision and 401(k)
Prince George's County, Maryland
The Senior Estimator/Purchasing Agent is responsible for the preparation and issuance of all house construction start packages, which include accurate job cost budgets for each home scheduled for construction. Assists the Vice President of Purchasing with the pricing for custom option requests made by the sales staff and assists the production staff with purchasing and procurement of subcontractor labor and material.
Vice President of Purchasing
A. Perform material quanity take-offs.
- Framing lumber by load drop
- Exterior trim for each elevation type of each model type
- Interior trim
- Windows and doors
- Site Adjustment Budgets (yard stabilization, water & sewer connections, driveways, leadwalks, & sidewalks)
B. Prepar and maintain base house job cost budgets for each product series.
- Manor Series
- Executive Series
- Signature Series
- Town Series
- Bethesda Series
- Furture Series as necessary
- Index new vendor price parts.
- Update existing vendor prices.
- Update lumber, exterior trim & interior trim budgets monthly. (Base house budgets quarterly, Option budgets annually)
E. Prepare site adjustment budgets for each new Mid-Atlantic community.
F. Supervise the preparation and issuance of house construction start packages to the production staff in accordance with monthly production start schedule.
- Prepar detailed budgets customized for each house to be constructed.
- Prepare Purchase Orders from computer job cost system to be issued to subcontractors and suppliers.
- Prepare marked up blueprints with special instructions for Personal Builder.
- Include site plan and Purchaser's signed off elevation and floor plans.
- Include consolidated production selection sheet.
- Approve and distribute Purchase Orders for approved field change orders.
- Interface with accounting and production staff regarding job cost history and investigate cost variances as necessary.
- Review monthly job cost variance reports
- Make field visits to inspect quantity takeoffs with construction practices.
- Make changes to house and option budgets, as necessary, from job cost reconciliation history.
- Collect data from customer service, Field Production Managers, Personal Builders, and Sales staff to recommend changes to product specifications and quality standards.
I. Assist Director of Estimating and Purchasing with:
- Subcontractor negotiation and administration. (check subcontractor references & work performance with other builders)
- Cost control with competitive bids.
- Participate in design and correction of design problems to keep costs in line with budgets and avoid repetitive mistakes.
- Value engineering suggestions and analysis for new house designs.
- Prepare contract documents for new subcontractors, suppliers and for new corporate identities.
- Writing of bid instructions and specifications book for standards.
- Assist as necessary with applying and obtaining building permits.
- Assist with obtaining supplier rebates for models and comapny volume.
A. Recruits and assists with the hiring of new or additional staff as needed.
B. Writes and updates work procedures and policies for the company's operation manual.
C. Writes, maintains, and administers Mid-Atlantic construction specification guidebook.