Mid-Atlantic Builders succeeds because we hire the industry’s most experienced and accomplished building professionals. Each of our employees has a diverse range of responsibilities and is encouraged to utilize innovation and teamwork to do the best job possible. Interested in joining our team?
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Please visit us on your desktop computer to fill out the application form or tap the button below to email your application.
PLEASE INCLUDE: Your cover letter, resume and desired position in order to be considered. No calls or recruiters, thank you.
- Responsible for assisting the New Home Sales Consultant with the administrative and sales responsibilities involved in developing prospects and converting them to customers.
- Greet Customers
- Qualify Customers (Need and Financial Qualifications)
- Presentation of Company, Location, Community and Homes
- Model and Inventory Home Demonstration
- Homesite Demonstration
- Financing Presentation
- Follow-Up and Prospecting
- Competition Tracking and Competitive Analysis
- Administration and Maintenance of Point of Sale Material
- Office Administration
- Purchase Agreement Administration
- Customer Loan Tracking
- Model Maintenance
- Administration of "The Mid-Atlantic Path to Home Ownership"
- College degree preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and strong work ethic
- Enjoys working with people
- High energy level and positive attitude
- Salary compensation structure
- Commensurate with experience
- Metropolitan Washington, DC Area
Purpose: The Construction Manager is responsible to manage the overall daily production activities at their assigned community. Senior Personal Builders are Mid-Atlantic's construction ambassadors to its customers. Their primary goal is to provide customer satisfaction by delivering a quality home. Secondary goals include meeting planned closing dates, constructing each home with minimal defects and meeting targeted construction budgets.
Reports To: Field Production Manager, Executive Vice President of Home Building Operations
OFFICE AND ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish and maintain construction schedules for all phases of construction. Report weekly all Production Schedule milestone updates to the Executive Assitant.
- Meet weekly with the Field Production Manager to review customer information, project schedules, budget status, subcontractor and supplier issues, and pending house starts.
- Coordinate and schedule the delivery of materials to coincide with subcontractors work schedule. Monitor quantity and quality of delivered materials.
- Meet weekly with the Community Sales Counselor (Team Meeting) to review production schedules, house start packages, customer questions, pending change orders, scheduling pre-construction conferences (PCC), homeowner Framing Previews, pre-closing orientations and model home maintenance.
- Review each house start “package” for each new home. Review the details of the drawings, budget, permits and the customer’s selection sheet paperwork prior to the Pre-Construction meeting.
- Attend pre-construction meeting (PCC) with customer and Community Sales Counselor to review a pending start and answer any technical questions. All Change Orders after the PCC and house start are prepared by the Community Sales Counselor and MUST be approved by the Construction Manager.
- Schedule and conduct homeowner Framing Preview demonstrations, explaining how their home has been built, showing the plumbing, electrical, heating and cooling system of the home, spray foam insulation package and confirming any custom options selected. A copy of the Framing Walkthrough list must be turned in to Executive Assistant/Corporate Office.
- Conduct pre-closing orientation with customers to introduce how everything works in their home. Review with our customer any items requiring correction. Distribute and review with the customer their homeowner's guide book and extended warranty documents. A copy of the Homeowner Orientation Walkthrough list must be turned in to Executive Assistant/Corporate Office.
- Responsible for managing construction project personnel. This may include assistant builders and punch-out technicians.
- Inform Accounting Manager and Field Production Manager of vacation time, sick or injury leave, employee work hours, address changes and any other pertinent information relating to field personnel.
Field Construction Management Responsibilities
- Inspect all field construction on a daily basis.
- A complete frame check of each house is required before electric rough wire, and monitor the completion of the punch list generated.
- Maintain sediment controls to the satisfaction of local inspectors.
- Monitor general appearance of site and direct clean-up as necessary.
- Review materials in the field and report consistent overages and shortages to the Field Production Manager and the Estimating Manager.
- Review plans with subcontractors and report errors in plans or potential improvements to the Field Production Manager and Estimating Manager.
- Maintain and update the Start Package file and a permit log book containing all building and electrical permits as well a record log of inspections.
- Coordinate with structural engineer when necessary to certify footings, steel, etc. as requested by local building inspectors.
- Meet with inspectors as necessary for building inspections, sediment control inspections, and pre-construction inspections.
- Monitor with Custom Care & Quality Control Supervisor and post-closing service issues. Intervene as necessary to assure completion of lists in a timely manner.
- All Purchase Orders are issued by the Estimating Department when a house start is issued. Review and approve all invoices for subcontractors and suppliers. All invoiced work must be assigned an account and house numbers so that the Accounting Department can process, and pay bills. Invoice reviews must be completed weekly and promptly to insure prompt payment and allowing Mid-Atlantic to take advantage of 2% early pay discounts.
- Review all bills which have been approved by the finish end assistant builders and request explanations when required.
- Alert the Accounting/Estimating Department of any discrepancy with the vendor prices, take-offs or option budgets.
- Assist the corporate office with job cost reconciliations for homes completed 60 days after closing. This may include providing clarification of discrepancies, and reviewing final budgets for accuracy.
- Variance Purchase Orders (VPO’s) may be issued on an as needed basis. Discuss the situation and backup documentation requirement with the Field Production Manager.
Location: Prince George's County, Maryland
This person will be responsible for verification, execution, tracking and processing of sales paperwork. The Contract Administrator will be the liaison between the corporate office, estimating department and sales staff.
II. Reports to:
Executive Vice President and works closely with the Vice President of Sales and Marketing and coordinates with the Executive Assistant of the EVP.
A. Review and process for all Purchase Agreement paperwork and subsequent Change Orders
1. Ensure all required paperwork has been included in Purchase Agreement or Change Order and properly approved by Purchaser. Verify receipt and signatures of all required development documents.
2. Create and verify and note promotions and all Exceptions on the Excel Worksheet and Loan Tracking for each Purchase Agreement or Change Order.
3. Send and track the completion of “Red File issues” to Sales Counselor detailing corrections required as needed.
4. Follow up to ensure that necessary corrections are made on timely basis. Update Vice President Sales/Marketing for weekly sales team encounters.
5. Give completed paperwork to Executive Assistant for review and Executive Vice President’s ratification.
6. Track and copy all checks and give the checks to the Accounting Department for deposit.
7. Complete the distribution of Purchase Agreement paperwork to the homeowner, lender, title company, realtor (Purchase Agreement only) and the Estimating Department.
8. File ratified documents in Purchaser’s Lot File (paper and computer file).
B. Review and process Change Orders
1. Ensure that Personal Builder has provided written approval of any change order.
2. Ensure all required paperwork has been included in the Change Order and properly approved by Purchaser. Verify receipt and signatures of all required development documents.
3. Verify all sales pricing and promotions for this Change Order on the Excel worksheet and update Loan Tracking.
4. Give completed paperwork to Executive Assistant for review and Executive Vice President’s ratification.
5. Track and copy all checks (change order fees, Options Payments) and give the checks to the Accounting Department for deposit.
6. Distribution of paperwork after approval.
C. Customer Loan Tracking
1. Update the Loan tracking for with loan information, sales paperwork status and sales paperwork figures and any “Red File” issues.
2. Save and copy to Purchaser’s lot file all loan commitments and lender’s correspondence.
3. Inform Vice President Sales/Marketing and Sales Counselor of any lender/loan issues.