The Estimator/Purchasing Agent is responsible for assisting the Vice President of Purchasing and Estimating Team with the preparation and maintenance of all base house costs, option costs, material take-offs, and database maintenance. The Estimator/Purchasing Agent works in concert with the estimating staff in the execution of its job responsibilities. The Estimator/Purchasing Agent is expected to build relationships by exhibiting Mid-Atlantic’s core values in all interactions with fellow employees and Trade Partners.
Vice President of Purchasing and Estimating Team
- Coordinate material quantity take-offs in PlanSwift and Autodesk Design Review and phase bids in accordance with the phase specifications, house series, and product specifications.
- Assist with Start Package releases in Kova, Sage Estimating, and Workflow Management Suite. Assist with issuing budgets and purchase orders, working with highly detailed customer selections which will include custom options.
- Working directly with site plans to create take-offs for Area Figures and Assemblies.
- Maintain cost database in Kova, Sage Estimating and Workflow Management Suite, updating descriptions, creating new items, entering pricing, and price revisions.
- Build relationships with key Trade Partners and assist with recruiting new Trade Partners as needed.
- Assist with subcontractor bidding, and negotiation.
- Perform field visits as needed.
- Assist with the administration of production data in Kova.
- Coordinate Trade Partner Agreements with the Assistant Office Manager for new jobs and establish trade scopes for new Trade Partners.
- Assist Trade Partners with the Workflow Management Suite trade portal as needed.
- Assist in feasibility and value engineering reviews of new house and option plans.
Apply For Estimator / Purchasing Agent
Any personal information you provide is considered confidential and WILL NOT BE SOLD OR SHARED with third parties.